Sunday, April 06, 2014

My post-Valentine

 photo DateStamp-4.jpg

Throwback to the month of love, February 14th. Yes, as dated, we had our celebration on the 15th instead, to avoid the crowd and the jacked up prices from the marketing ploy for the occasion. Plus point, it was our monthsary too! And so we had 2 happy occasions to celebrate in one day :)

The boyfriend made reservations at Valentinos and I fell in love with that place then! We were ushered to the outdoor seating area, and since the weather was fine, we didn't have much to complain. The ambience was pleasing to the eyes and ears, with great music and grapevine interiors twining all around the fences. It comes along with immaculate service and their waiters know their food offerings really well.
IMG_0582_2
IMG_4434 IMG_4432
For starters, we had Parma ham with figs. My love for parma ham.. is infinity. The figs weren't really to my liking though, but the boyfriend loved it, so he cleared everything that was on the plate. 

For our mains, we had stewed chicken with various herbs and spices, slow-cooked over the stove for at least 2 hours . The flavour was there, and the chicken was extremely tender and juicy. It's a dish that warms the stomach and feels homely.
IMG_0584_2
Next, B ordered Squid Ink Fettucini with crabmeat and creamy tomato sauce. The waiter that served us suggested that we have both main course shared between the two of us, as both portions were huge and it will definitely be more than enough. We took his advice and we were glad that we did. The fettucini was definitely too heavy for one. 

IMG_0583_2
"Always have room for desserts" that's my favourite line, and favourite part of my meals. 
We ordered both our favourite desserts - Tiramisu for me (have been a crazy fan of it this year) and molten larva cake for the man

That was the best Tiramisu I ever had, and I'm still hunting for a better one.
1 IMG_0593_2
To end this post, here's a grainy picture of us taken from the iPhone. I definitely had a great evening spent with my valentine and cheers to more celebrations ahead of us. 

& I hope you had a memorable valentine's day too!


 photo lovejoanne.png

No comments: